Sunday, March 8, 2009

Quiet Water Symposium

My thanks to all my relatives, (real, in-law, outlaw, honorary, shirt-tail & step) who visited me and my display. Special thanks to grandson Adam who flew in from Manhattan and niece Patty & her husband who drove up from Watervliet. Also to Jim, Jessica & Jason for help in setting up & tearing down.
 
I was honored to join all the other recipients of the Verlen Kruger Award for a group photo.
 
Also thanks to all of you Quiet Water types who looked over my stuff and visited. As I suppose is typical of an old man, I recognized a lot more faces than remembered names. The QWS is sort of like a class reunion every year. I measure my life not by birthdays but rather by whether I make the next Quiet Water Symposium. Hope to see you next March.
 
Next up: March 24 6:30 p.m. Lansing's Impression 5 Museum. Organizational meeting for Grand River Expedition 2010.
April 17 Ultimate Hugh Heward Challengers launch their canoes at Detroit's Belle Isle.
April 25 Annual Hugh Heward Challenge 50 miler starts at Dimondale at 7 a.m.

No comments: